Farmers, ranchers, pest control advisors, and agronomists are all looking for ways to produce superior agricultural products at lower costs. Vertical Sciences, Inc., can assist in this by providing precise, high-quality actionable data that can be used to identify problematic areas (pest infestations, soil deficiencies, etc.), areas where drainage or frost impacts production, and to help in gauging harvest sequences. Using a variety of instruments, such as near-infrared sensors, multispectral sensors, and convention photogrammetry, we can assist in improving agricultural commodities and saving money by providing data to be used in precision agriculture. Here are a few descriptions of the services we provide:
- Multispectral evaluations of crops, vineyards, and orchards to help agricultural specialists identify areas where amendments and/or irrigation needs are present. Highly accurate agricultural indices such as NDVI, MSAVI, LAI, etc., can be provided in a matter of hours.
- Centimeter-grade resolution for DEMs, DSMs, DTMs, and topographic maps. Those high-quality models and maps are used for engineering design of drainage and frost/freeze mitigations.
- Thermal evaluations of crops to estimate areas of heat stress and deficiencies in irrigation.
- Canopy density surveys of timbered lands to assist foresters on timber volume estimates for timber harvest planning
- Photogrammetry of areas harvested of timber to provide regulatory agencies data on compliance with timber harvest plans
- DEMs and topographic data to assist foresters in development of timber harvest plans.